[TowerTalk] What rotor should I use

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What rotor should I use
From: Joe Nuccio <k4nyy@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 09:51:14 -0700 (PDT)
I have a US Tower MA-40, a MARB and MAF. I also have a SteppIR 3-element

beam. What rotor do I need?

One knowledgeable person about rotors has suggested thatSteppIR's put a

lot of torque back and forth on rotors. He thinks a HAM-IV will getdestroyed
and a t2x is marginal
for the 3 elSteppIR because of the 16' boom and 36'

long elements even when mounted inside a
tower on a rotor plate.  He wonders

if a t2x can handle the rotation of the MA-40 tower and the SteppIR as well. He
knows of many people using the MA-40 rotatable tower as I  want to do, but, they
aren't adding a SteppIR on top. He suggests abigger rotor or smaller antenna.

.

I know some people who are using a HAM-IV to rotate a MA-40 tower, but, they do
have smaller beams. Please let me have your experiences and suggestions.

73  Joe  K4NYY