Re: [TowerTalk] Control circuit for LM470 NEVER MIND, I FOUND ONE

To: "K8RI" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Control circuit for LM470 NEVER MIND, I FOUND ONE
From: "K0DAN" <k0dan@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 12:37:51 -0500
Over the years the control boxes at the tower changed somewhat; some versions may not match the current schematic on BAMA.

There is nothing in the motor housing...the motor just wants to see AC power, and the direction it turns is based on which windings are selected by the toggle switch in the control box.

In mine, there are no internal relays and there is no S3/S4 (they are used to define presence of the limit switches), rather 3PDT toggle switch is what activates the motor (CW or CCW).

I'll bet you have an older LM470 ("D" or earlier) which precedes the manual on BAMA. I can send you some photos if you wish. Advise!

GL es 73

Dan
K0DAN

-----Original Message----- From: K8RI