Re: [TowerTalk] Bose 901 Antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bose 901 Antenna
From: "Larry Banks" <larryb.w1dyj@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 11:31:15 -0400
Just to make this "TowerTalk" compatible, consider the 901s a close-spaced, collinear acoustic radiator -- the frequencies are lower, but the math is the same. And it depended on near-field environmental interference, rather than this being a detriment as it usually is with our RF radiators.

I still have my original 901s -- the biggest issue was placement, especially with my first wife. I also have my original kit-built Dynaco Stereo 120, built to drive the 901s which it did well -- and the 901s really were a breakthrough design. The equalizer was even SOLID-STATE! (It wasn't THAT long ago...) You should have seen the REALLY original 2201s -- the closest thing to an acoustic isotropic radiator ever built.

73 -- Larry-- W1DYJ

PS -- I am biased.  Dr. Bose was my Masters Thesis advisor in 1968...

----- Original Message ----- From: "bill steffey NY9H" <NY9Hpa@gmail.com> To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>; "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>