Re: [TowerTalk] Custom antenna design

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Custom antenna design
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 05:08:46 -0700
I think the 20 meter "Hex-Beam" has a 9.4 ft turning radius, so it stands to reason that a 40 meter version could (with a little tweaking) be made to fit inside an 18ft circle. In fact if you go to the "Traffie Technology" specs page you see what looks to be an incomplete entry for a 40 meter monoband version presumably with a 19ft turning radius and weighing 40 lbs:

ttp://www.hexbeam.com/specs.shtml

73 Mike W4EF.................