Re: [TowerTalk] Tower and antenna decisions

To: "Bill Winkis (KC4PE)" <kc4pe@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower and antenna decisions
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 16:04:38 -0400

You've got too may variables to compare them directly.  What band,
different heights, etc.?  Put them on an antenna range under controlled
conditions and see what happens.  The additional height of your LP
most likely gives it an advantage over the quad at the path distances
you happen to compare.

The 12 element LP (probably on a 32 foot boom) will have a slightly
larger "active cell" than the 8 element LP but will still not be within
3dB of an optimally designed yagi (Force 12 C31xr, 4 element SteppIR,
etc.) on a similar size boom - the physics just doesn't support it.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV