Re: [TowerTalk] COAX on CRANKUP-how to hang

To: <kr2q@optimum.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] COAX on CRANKUP-how to hang
From: <w5gn@mxg.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 07:13:34 -0500
My experience is quite different.

With either standoffs or a single support at the top,
lowering the tower when there was much wind would
frequently push the slack coax into the tower sections,
requiring a stop and either wait or raise a little and
try again.

I finally supported the coax bundle only at the top,
and added two rope lines so I could pull the coax away
from the tower during lowering.
And I then ran the rope thru pulleys on the adjacent
house and use them to hang the coax so it's not on
the ground.

I also found the remote control unit a complete waste of
money, as I always want to be at the base of the tower
to pull the coax away and observe what happens.

Barry, EI/W5GN