Re: [TowerTalk] More crank-up questions

To: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] More crank-up questions
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 20:32:15 -0800
Interesting, welding is clearly better as it won't loosen in shipping or handling. There is a weldable grade of rebar which should be used. For small tack welds, maybe not so important. One PE told me the rebar design for towers is primarily to prevent cracking of the base concrete. Considering the huge amount of rebar I've seen in building columns and bridges, that makes sense to me.

Grant
KZ1W