Re: [TowerTalk] OH8X 80-160 monster tower collapses

To: "Roger D Johnson" <n1rj@roadrunner.com>, "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OH8X 80-160 monster tower collapses
From: "Dan Schaaf" <dan-schaaf@att.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 21:06:13 -0500
Roger
I spent time at Loring AFB working ECM on B-52s. Late 70s, following a hot humid tour in Thailand.

Winter was typically -20 deg with wind chills down to -65 and one night down to -109 deg. Flight line work was not pleasant at those temps.

Took nearly all summer for the mountain of plowed snow in the parking lot to melt.

SAC Sucks !

Best Regards
Dan Schaaf
K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com