Re: [TowerTalk] OH8X 80-160 monster tower collapses

To: "Richard Solomon" <dickw1ksz@gmail.com>, "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OH8X 80-160 monster tower collapses
From: "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 14:46:24 -0600
Dick, The answer is Minot Air Force Base, Minot, North Dakota

Been there, done that for 3 consecutive years. I know a couple radio intercept operators, one Morse and one non-Morse who came down from Elmendorf AFB, Alaska (Anchorage) and when they experienced the onset of winter at Minot and the -40 and worse temps wanted to go back to Alaska because the climate was milder.

Our Thule, Greenland base is where you go to fined worse climate than Minot. (not much worse.)

Patrick NJ5G

-----Original Message----- From: Richard Solomon