Re: [TowerTalk] RG-149: 50 ohm/70 ohm - does it matter?

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RG-149: 50 ohm/70 ohm - does it matter?
From: Lew Sayre <lew@dsl-only.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 16:41:13 -0800
Yo,
    So, several years ago I had a 6M stack with 2 antennas. The feedline
from the stack box was 50 ohms for a short distance (turning loop) then all
the rest of the way into the operating position was the 75 ohm 3/4" TV
"hard line". This has been the only system I've had whereby obtaining the
best SWR was accomplished by utilizing a hack saw.
   Worked fine as my excursions were never beyond 50080 to 50200. Saw the
station end of the hardline a bit, put on the connector, check the SWR.
Rinse and repeat until it was good.It worked great until dismantling it in
favor of a new array a couple of years ago.
   73 and I remain,
    Lew   w7ew