Re: [TowerTalk] RG-149: 50 ohm/70 ohm - does it matter?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RG-149: 50 ohm/70 ohm - does it matter?
From: "Dan Schaaf" <dan-schaaf@att.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 10:20:30 -0500
Jim

I have an MFJ-998 Autotuner connected to the amp. Every time I change frequency I mouse click on the TUNE button on the screen, generate a carrier and the tuner does it's thing.

So, do I have distortion? Not sure, but the tuner does present a good match to the amp. I do ask on the air about my signal, SSB, CW and RTTY and always get good reports. Short of having a scope connected to the coax, I assume that all is OK. Gone are the days of the Yaesu Scopes for testing transmitter/amp output. I used to have one in line but never seeing anything obvious on my signal, I finally got rid of it.

Best Regards
Dan Schaaf
K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
60 Meters www.60metersonline.net