Re: [TowerTalk] Boom-to-Mast Tilt fixture

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Boom-to-Mast Tilt fixture
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 10:15:52 -0800
On 12/22/13 9:36 AM, Joe wrote:
I believe you're referring to the TiltPlate by Al, NN4ZZ.  Truly a life
saver!  And I believe it's a "boom", but your choice may be a better

http://www.nn4zz.com/tiltplate.htm

An incredibly simple idea that works well.

We used something like this at W6VIO field day. Makes life a LOT easier, because the elements stay reasonably parallel to the ground. Ours did not have a latch or anything, so I guess a big wind could flip it up.

Uh, make sure you put it on the correct way. If you install it upside down, your antenna elements stay in plane with the tower. And, make sure you install the antenna with the elements cross ways to the swinging plate. I've made both mistakes. Fortunately, you will notice this as you raise the tower.