Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete prices

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete prices
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 09:43:19 -0800
On 12/24/2013 6:29 AM, Mike Reublin NF4L wrote:
Did hole by hand,

Both of my towers are in a dense redwood forest, at least 250 ft from a road or driveway. No possibility of mechanized digging or delivered concrete. I paid friends (who make their livings doing landscaping and gardening) to dig the holes, another ham helped me lay the gravel base in the bottom of the hole and build the rebar cage, we all used a wheelbarrow to drag the sand and dry concrete (bought from the local building supply yard) to the site, and mixed using their small portable mixer that we rolled through the woods to the tower base. The mixer was powered by a long AC cable run from the house, and water came from a very long garden hose.

So my cost was nearly all labor, plus a couple of six-packs.

73, Jim K9YC