Re: [TowerTalk] DC multi outlets

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DC multi outlets
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 09:31:02 -0800
On 1/11/2014 4:08 PM, Jim Lux wrote:
I use a variety of Anderson PowerPole based distribution schemes. The basic connector is available in a whole lot of different current ratings.

This is what I use. I put the smaller ones (the family that used by the K3) on every piece of equipment in my shack that runs on 12-14VDC. I use the larger grey plugs at each power source (power supply or battery), with a mating grey plug that is wired to multiple cables with the smaller plugs.

West Mountain Radio makes a variety of fused and unfused distribution panels. Rigrunner 4005, etc.

I have two of these in my station, and they're both full.

PowerWerx.com has been a good vendor for me
http://www.powerwerx.com/powerpole-power-distribution/
I get my West Mountain stuff from them (as well as the connectors)..

Same here -- they seem to have the best prices on Power Pole connectors, and have been good to deal with.

A crimper for the inserts is nice, but not essential.

I've never uses a crimper on Power Poles.

73, Jim K9YC