Re: [TowerTalk] Multi-station antenna selection patch panel

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Multi-station antenna selection patch panel
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 19:13:26 -0800
On 1/17/14 5:10 PM, krishna kanakasapapathi wrote:
Howdie,
  I am looking into build a panel that would distribute 8 to 10 antennae
to 5 to 6 stations in a
  any-to-any setup to handle 1kw. Prefer lockout( if a sophisticated
design), but even manual switching would
  be sufficient. I know it needs vaccum relays etc.
  Don't want to reinvent the wheel. Where can i find a good
design/precedent ?

A couple things to think about.. what sort of isolation do you need? That sets the number of sets of contacts you need between two paths.

I'd look at some sort of crossbar arrangement, but that's 60 relays.