Re: [TowerTalk] Amphenol website

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Amphenol website
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 17:54:27 -0400
Oddly enough after 50 years of struggle in learning how to put on coax connectors I finally found a new Chinese coax connector on Ebay that can be obtained for 213, RG-8A and LMR-400. It comes with water proof gaskets sealing rings and is solder-less including tip. Models for Type N or PL-259 No special tools are needed and the price under $2.00 per unit. I have never seen this design before and so far I am very much impressed by not having to melt the inside of the cable when applying solder through the holes on the convention PL-259. For years I have been pre-tinning the braid and after it cools cutting with a small pipe cutter before attempting to solder the holes. But now I can grab a bunch of these and even do replacements of the tower if required without heat. At first I bought them for emergencies...like the coax that always fails during a contest. Now I use them exclusively even for inter-shack RG-213 jumpers.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ