Re: [TowerTalk] Drill motor

To: EZ Rhino <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Drill motor
From: Mike Reublin NF4L <nf4l@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 16:30:47 -0500
Chris -

I'm asking only about tilting the tower from horizontal to vertical and back.
Extending it is already handled.

To arrive at the 2 ton figure, I used a formula one of the guys on here
supplied. The load is heaviest when the tower is horizontal, and lessens as the
tower goes toward vertical.

load in lbs = weight of tower * length of tower/10 ft * cos(angle of tower with
respect to ground) / sin(angle of cable with respect to tower)

tower wt. =1200 lbs.
length 35'
angle of tower = 0
angle of cable 45

There is approx. 15' of cable between the post and the tower * 4 runs = 60' +
approx 10' from the pulley on the post to the winch. I estimate∂ roughly 11-12'
of that not wound on the winch.

Let me know what the club says.
Mike