Re: [TowerTalk] Drill motor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Drill motor
From: "Dick WIlliams" <k8ztt@centurylink.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 10:20:28 -0700
I have been using a Dewalt DW-130 (heavy duty and rated for mixing
applacations) for years to raise and lower a Glen Martin Voyager on a 120 Ft
Rohn tower with a Force 12 Magnum 620/340N turned by a M2 R2800 rotor for
several years. The drill turns at 450 RPM, and I have never had a problem
with the drill overheating or the worm gear in the winch.  That said, I have
to make three "stops" to drop two of the three guy wires on the tower and
then re-attach them after the Voyager and antenna have cleared.

Dick K8ZTT