Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing adjustment

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing adjustment
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 15:55:48 -0600
Good point Ed!

Mike W0MU

On 4/10/2014 3:35 PM, Ed Muns wrote:
The second, lower, thrust bearing is VERY handy when you need to remove the
rotator without first removing all the antennas on the mast above the top
thrust bearing.

Ed W0YK

Mike W0MU wrote:
The top one.  There is very little chance that you can line the two
bearings up perfectly.  I don't think you want to tighten the lower
bearing.  I don't think you need the lower bearing.  The bearing plate
should be sufficient.