Re: [TowerTalk] Poor eHam reviews of the AV 480

To: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Poor eHam reviews of the AV 480
From: <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 18:26:01 -0500
Most of what eHam calls 'reviews' are pretty meaningless.
Either:1. The person is just so enamoured of their purchase decision they can't
see any flaws,2. The person feels their results prove the product is the
greatest thing since sliced bread (the invalid "if I can hear it…
endorsement)3. The person has no quantifiable basis for comparison.4. The
person has set themselves up with unrealistic expectations ("You mean I'm not
50 over 9 into Europe on 75 with a TAK-tenna?"), and the product's failure to
achieve those expectations means it's a POS.5. The person has poor patience or
a low tolerance of installation obstacles, thus tainting their assessment.6.
They have been so convinced by advertising and friends' glowing reviews they
subconsciously project those assessments onto theirs.
73, kellyve4xt