Re: [TowerTalk] "Antenna Tuner"

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] "Antenna Tuner"
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 06:51:06 -0700
On 5/3/14, 5:56 AM, Marsh Stewart wrote:

Someone posted the following on the subject of antenna tuners: "They aren't
adjusting the resonance of the antenna, so what are they tuning?"

When I adjust the capacitance and inductance of my "antenna tuner" my
antenna does not change length or height, and the length of the feedline
does not change. Could it be because it is not really an "antenna tuner" but
is actually an impedance matching network?

yes

but common usage is autotuner, for instance