[TowerTalk] Fwd: "Antenna Tuner"

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: "Antenna Tuner"
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 17:17:22 -0400 (EDT)
Yes Dave,

You are right. I just find it "funny" that this relationship exist. Some hams
may think that the "reversed" impedance has nothing to do with "tuning".

I just wonder: You, and may with you say that it is most efficient to put the
tuner/match box/etc. as close to the antenna as possible. That is true if yoy
will get excessive loss due to the high SWR in the feeder between the
tuner/match box/etc. Now, if you have a really low loss feeder (like my ladder
feed) between the antenna and the tuner/match box/etc. and a maybe higher loss
coax (like something really cheap) between the tuner/match box/etc. and the
transmitter. You might then be better off (by some silly few fractions of a dB)
with the tuner/match box/etc. next to the transmitter.

This is just to make us think a little about that odd situation we normally
don't get in to.

Hans -N2JFS