[TowerTalk] glueing PVC

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] glueing PVC
From: r miles <greenacres113@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 15:44:07 -0400 (EDT)

If you're not familiar with the process ASK for help. You glue & put together PVC you have 10 seconds to change your mind. It locks that fast. I've done lots of joints but I ALWAYS dry fit to be sure I've cut the tubing the proper length. You lose 1/2 '' inside every joint. When I need ells & elbows I mark a line on both pieces so I can align them correctly. You only have a very few seconds to align. I don't bother with the purple primer. The new all purpose glue doesn't require it. I plumbed my new house 14 yr.s ago. Both water & waste. Only problem with the 3'' & 4'' is the weight handling vs. the smaller PVC when working with it. It's just bigger & takes more planning.

There's an old carpenters axium: measure TWICE & cut ONCE. I always feel the ends. They can have no burrs. Gently sand rough spots. For 1 1/2'' PVC or smaller a $5 PVC cutting sissors makes life easier.

GL

K9IL