Re: [TowerTalk] Tower safety harness

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower safety harness
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 09:49:53 -0400
Champion Radio isn't a bad place to start. There are several places on the internet, just a google search away. A better question might be what *type* of harness to buy and what accessories. FWIW, I have a Klein full-body harness bought in 1995 and still going strong. A couple of years ago I added to my rope lanyard a "swallow-tail" fall arrest which attaches in the middle of the back and has a rip-out shock absorber which, I'm grateful to say, has not been put to the test.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.