Re: [TowerTalk] Advice Wanted-Tuning A 10 Meter Telrex Beam

To: "TexasRF@aol.com" <TexasRF@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Advice Wanted-Tuning A 10 Meter Telrex Beam
From: David Jordan <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 10:48:33 -0400
I had a friend spend hours trying to match an antenna with a short piece if
coax.  Turns out his proximity to the antenna caused the SWR to be high.  When
he installed a 1/2 wave length if coax and took his measurements at a distance
he was successful in adjusting the match.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to be too close to your antenna ;-)

73
Dave
Wa3gin

Sent from Dave's iPhone4 ;-)