Re: [TowerTalk] what type ferite core are you useing part number

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] what type ferite core are you useing part number
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 10:23:40 -0700
On 7/13/2014 9:59 AM, Kevin Adam wrote:
What type cores are being used looks like a good balun to work with

http://k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

One question I have how does the core change the white noise level

http://k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

I have used cores that lowers the white noise. I have the ones that was sold in the midwest hamfests he sold some that were coated in blue but he would never tell me the specs he is now SK so now no one can't get any more of the they worked great on hf. He would never say who made them.

If it's the guy from NW Indiana, they were powdered iron cores.

73, Jim K9YC