Re: [TowerTalk] T2X Tail Twister rotator freezes in place below 32 degre

To: 'towertalk reflector' <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] T2X Tail Twister rotator freezes in place below 32 degrees ?
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 13:14:22 -0700
You wouldn't do this to a "real" bearing, but I've had success sanding out the divots, or at least making them less bumpy. The balls are cheap to replace and stainless steel ones are available from McMaster. The original Rheo-lube Hy-Gain grease is not cheap from MFJ and available only in large quantities from the UK, so I use Synco "Super-Lube" a TFE fortified fully synthetic grease with good success. available on ebay, amazon, grainger, etc. Synthetics generally have much large useful temperature ranges than clay etc. fortified greases.

Grant KZ1W