Re: [TowerTalk] T2X Tail Twister rotator freezes in place below 32 degre

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] T2X Tail Twister rotator freezes in place below 32 degrees ?
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 21:44:20 -0400
On 7/22/2014 4:14 PM, Grant Saviers wrote:

It's not a precision bearing to start, so a little smoothing shouldn't hurt, <:-)) On windy days, it's good to move the antenna a bit, every now and then. The danger is the wind over powering the motor and running into the stops, or breaking the brake.

73

Roger (K8RI)

You wouldn't do this to a "real" bearing, but I've had success sanding out the divots, or at least making them less bumpy. The balls are cheap to replace and stainless steel ones are available from McMaster. The original Rheo-lube Hy-Gain grease is not cheap from MFJ and available only in large quantities from the UK, so I use Synco "Super-Lube" a TFE fortified fully synthetic grease with good success. available on ebay, amazon, grainger, etc. Synthetics generally have much large useful temperature ranges than clay etc. fortified greases.

Grant KZ1W

---
is active.