Re: [TowerTalk] Anchor Bolt Material

To: marvs@att.net, ve4xt@mymts.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Anchor Bolt Material
From: TexasRF--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 08:03:25 -0400
How about larger anchor bolts with upper six inches or so machined to fit
the base holes?

Could the base holes be reamed to a larger size?

K5GW

In a message dated 10/15/2014 12:09:54 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
marvs@att.net writes:

the base  is designed for 1-1/8 bolts.

Sent from my iPad
And YES it's  cool!

> On Oct 14, 2014, at 9:36 PM, <ve4xt@mymts.net>  <ve4xt@mymts.net> wrote:
>
> Use larger bolts?
>
> Just sayin'
>
> 73, Kelly
> Ve4xt
>
>  Sent from my iPad
>
>> On Oct 14, 2014, at 11:00 PM, "Marv  Shelton" <marvs@att.net> wrote:
>>
>> I asked a PE at  work and since the holes are so much bigger than the
bolt. ( the holes are  2.5" diameter, the bolts only 1.125") he said the rated
strength of the epoxy  is only good if the hole is no more than a half inch
bigger in diameter than  the bolt. I confirmed this by talking to one of
the epoxy product  manufacturers.

>> Sent from my iPad
>> And YES  it's cool!

>>> Thanks for all the input everyone. It looks like  epoxy, or at least
commercial grade stuff dispensed with a caulking gun is out  as a potential
solution. It seems like the holes I made are too  big.
>>> So now I am looking at anchoring cement and trying to  talk to
industrial contractors to see if there is another  alternative.

>>>       So how  did you determine that your new holes won't work for
putting in your anchor  bolts? The epoxy is stronger than the concrete so it
seems to me that's it's a  non-issue. Are you over-thinking this?