Re: [TowerTalk] RMC-1000 remote - what type of cable to run?

To: Howard W6HDG <W6HDG@arrl.net>, Towertalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RMC-1000 remote - what type of cable to run?
From: Mike Fahmie via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 19:51:04 +0000 (UTC)
Howard,
I am not an expert on the Electrical Code, but I think the requirements are
relaxed with "plug in" devices such as the RMC-1000.  Since I devoted a conduit
to the motor power, it seemed appropriate to route the control line through the
same conduit.  A separate conduit protects the coax while outside.

If you choose to run it with the coax, I would recommend using shielded cable,
that would minimize coupled power line noise.

-Mike-