Re: [TowerTalk] RMC-1000 remote - what type of cable to run?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RMC-1000 remote - what type of cable to run?
From: Howard W6HDG <W6HDG@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 11:55:15 -0800
Remi just revised his response to me after 5 minutes :)

He wrote, "I stand corrected, the cable do carry 120 volts, and should be #20 7 or 8 conductors. It only carries the signals for the relays, so no high amperage. And there is no voltage when the control box is turned off after extending or retracting."

I then emailed him again and double checked that it could run in the same conduit with coax and rotor cables and he replied, "Yes, as I said, it would be off while transmissions/radio operation ".

So there is my answer....heavy duty rotor cable should do it and no need for a separate conduit.

73, Howard W6HDG