Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Bulkhead feed-through.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Bulkhead feed-through.
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 05:35:42 -0500
On 11/20/2014 5:58 PM, Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk wrote:

Mine are inside NEMA boxes, with a 3 to 4" tube into the building. The tube is filled with expandable foam. Keeps critters and weather out. http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/cablebox.htm Check the 4th photo down. It's since been replaced with a larger box and the conduit filled with foam.

2nd photo down shows the foam filled ends of the conduit headed for the basement.

OTOH Weather proof the connectors if moisture is a problem.

Those big boxes on the tower have a LOT of connections. About 25, give or take a few. Moisture has never been a problem yet! Cables from the boxes to antennas either go through glands, or weather proof feed throughs. The two RG-59 cables to the satellite dish pass through the box as well. They use type F bulkhead connectors.

73

Roger (K8RI)

Well, mine isn't. :(