Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Bulkhead feed-through.

To: Chris <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Bulkhead feed-through.
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 10:20:50 -0600
Insulation is a good start, but air movement is the enemy, too.

Chris's dual-plate idea is a good start, but an easy way to satisfy both the
air seal and insulation requirements would be to create it such that you can
install the inside plate as a final assembly step (prior to connecting
feedlines, of course) and use expanding foam to insulate and seal around the
extra-long bulkhead adapters. Putting the plate on AFTER spraying the foam
lets you ensure good coverage throughout the cavity and allows for the
"oops" of putting too much foam (you can cut it off). The foam would grip
the bulkhead adapters and seal around them.

If you built it with unused bulkhead adapters for future needs, capping the
unused adapters with plastic caps or scrap PL-259s should suffice.

Having a plate on the outside of the house also makes it easier to run strap
or wire to a ground system.

73, kelly
ve4xt