Re: [TowerTalk] A couple of 18HT questions

To: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] A couple of 18HT questions
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 14:13:13 -0600
It's hard to tell from the Hy-Gain owner's manual or parts list, but...

Are they really selling aluminum base tubes to embed in concrete?

I'll take the OP at his word, but given what we know about aluminum and
concrete, it sounds like a major liability issue waiting to happen.

Then again, don't the Bencher HF-series of verticals suggest
concrete-encased aluminum as one base option?

73, kelly
ve4xt