Re: [TowerTalk] : Nube rebar question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] : Nube rebar question
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 17:29:17 -0800
On Wed,12/17/2014 5:09 PM, Stan Stockton wrote:
I admire someone who has the most for the least expenditure.  There are a few
who have unlimited budgets and can afford store bought everything.  There are
many more who try to make the most with a limited amount of money.

So do I, and I try to spend my money wisely. I try to accomplish the most for the least cost. An important part of that is doing more of it yourself. Another is shopping wisely, buying quality used stuff, and so on. But that's very different from being a cheapskate, who I would define as someone who buys ONLY on price.

I've been a ham since 1955. My first NEW rig was a Ten Tec Omni D, bought from the factory about 1979. The next one bought new was a K3, about 2008. Everything in between was used. I have three Ten Tec Titans, all bought used, for a combined cost less than a used Alpha. I had to fix them, which is probably why I got them cheap. :) I build as much of my antenna farm as I can. I built bandpass filter kits for contesting at a third of the cost of buying new. And so on.

73, Jim K9YC