Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna to Shack Ground Connection

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna to Shack Ground Connection
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 12:14:35 -0500
On 1/28/2015 10:43 AM, Cox, Norman R. wrote:

It's the way I run mine for 75 feet http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/cablebox.htm 5th photo from the top. While digging up the weep tile and resealing the basement walls and adding an inch of Styrofoam I figured it was a good time to shoot a photo of the grounds.

Sorry about and mistakes, I broke my glasses this morning and am running without.

73

Roger  (K8RI)

Dear Group:

     I am now ready to connect the tower grounding rod network to  the shack
grounding system.  The crank-up tower is about 30 feet from the shack.  Is it
preferable to run the ground connection between the two along with signal
cables?  Or is it better to run the grounding connection not so close to the
signal cables?  I've seen people do it both ways, and can see a possible
benefit either way, but a lightning strike could throw either idea out the
window.

Thanks,

Norm
KE0ZT