Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: SteppIR

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: SteppIR
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 09:31:44 -0800
On Sun,3/1/2015 2:40 AM, Ian White wrote:
in its short lifetime this modified antenna
has already worked 100 countries on 6m (with no help from F2) and a few
moonbounce QSOs as well.

I'm pretty happy with my SteppIR on 6M, and based on land and topographic constraints, it would be extremely expensive for me to do anything better. I've considered, for example, one of the very nice M2 or Innovantenna Yagis, but I have no place to put it.

DXCC is MUCH MUCH easier on 6M from EU and around the Atlantic basin than it is from W6. I'm pretty active on 6M, my SteppIR is my 6M antenna, and I'm thrilled to have 15 countries, 45 US states, 7 VE provinces, and 321 grids confirmed in six seasons. And that's with 500 watts.

73, Jim K9YC