Re: [TowerTalk] modeling compare: 80M, 2EL vs 4SQ

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] modeling compare: 80M, 2EL vs 4SQ
From: "Yan (XV4Y)" <xv4y@nature-mekong.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 09:22:35 +0700
Hi,

N6LF did a very comprehensive study on radials setup and layout effect on
verticale efficiency and radiation.
It was published on QEX but is available online for free.

To make it short from what I remember:
- elevated radials are great
- you don't need full 1/4 wl radials to achieve good efficiency, but very short
radials are no good
- the more the better
- mixing various lengths is good especially if you plan to use your antenna on
several bands
- radials distribution has an effect (verticale with 1 radial or all radials in
the same direction will be directive) albeit not usually that important

73,
Yan.
---
Yannick DEVOS - XV4Y