Re: [TowerTalk] modeling compare: 80M, 2EL vs 4SQ

To: <TexasRF@aol.com>, <jim.thom@telus.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] modeling compare: 80M, 2EL vs 4SQ
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@largeriver.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 18:42:10 -0500
Hi Gerald,

Thanks for the reply. I understand what you are saying but it seems a large
deviation given the number of radials. He does have the radials tied
together with those of the other elements where they cross and I think some
ground rods around every 20th radial or so about half way out.

Maybe they need to be shorter so that they will function closer to ¼
wavelength during the winter??

I have never heard of that much of a change from summer to winter. Then
again maybe no one has measured the impedance during the winter.

Thanks

Gary  K4FMX

  _____