Re: [TowerTalk] modeling compare: 80M, 2EL vs 4SQ

To: garyschafer@largeriver.net, jim.thom@telus.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] modeling compare: 80M, 2EL vs 4SQ
From: TexasRF--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 17:20:33 -0400
Gary, just a wild guess: The dielectric constant of water is much greater
than air. Perhaps that makes the radials electrically long enough that the
antenna becomes offset fed and if so, that would raise the impedance.

Sort of like what would happen if elevated radials were .4 wavelengths long
 instead of a nominal .25 wl.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 3/16/2015 4:10:40 P.M. Central Daylight Time,