Re: [TowerTalk] antenna choices for K4XS

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] antenna choices for K4XS
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 07:17:30 -0500
I also own a Cushcraft A3, but I have only used it for field day type
setups and it's currently in a box in Aruba.  The aluminum tubing crushes
when you tighten the element clamps and in my opinion it is not heavy duty
but I have had many contest wins with it so I have no complaints.

I used a different A3 during the ARRL DX Phone contest last month.  It was
mounted at 33'. One element fell off a couple weeks before the contest but
it was repaired.  Running barefoot I made over 6200 QSOs in a weekend so
it works reasonably well. You can read more about this contest effort here
-> http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/3830/2015-03/msg02222.html

John KK9A