Re: [TowerTalk] G5RV vs 40M dipole

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] G5RV vs 40M dipole
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 10:00:02 -0700
I still think if you have room for a 105 foot antenna, it's way better to put it up as a dipole and feed it with twin lead. There is nothing magical about a G5RV except on 20 meters. On other bands it is just some wire that you force RF into with a tuner. I can do that with my 80 meter dipole on any band.

I've seen glowing reviews of an AEA Isoloop :-)  73
Tom W7WHY