Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: sealing PL259's

To: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: sealing PL259's
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 15:25:02 -0400
Before screwing the outer shell on the inner portion, flood the inside of the connector with RTV silicone seal (non-acetic acid type - like aquarium seal).

THEN .. screw the outer shell tightly onto the inner portion .. and do the 'double tape wrap' suggested by others.

No water going to get into the connector/coax to do damage.

73
Don
N8DE

Quoting Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>:

A good wrap of electrical tape lasts pretty well and can be built up
pretty easy just in case you have tape  but not the right size of
shrink.

Patrick   NJ5G.