[TowerTalk] Safety jackets for guy wires.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Safety jackets for guy wires.
From: "Bill Parry" <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 14:51:47 -0500
Back in 2001 I spent a great deal of time learning from all you guys
regarding putting up a guyed tower.  It was a huge help. One thing that I
didn't see or missed was something to put on the guy wires to protect me
from hanging myself while mowing the yard. I noticed that the electric
company (Magic Valley Electric Company) had put long plastic tubes around
their back guys on their poles. I called them and asked if I could buy three
to put on my 3 bottom guys for my 120 foot Rohn tower.  They said that they
didn't sell them but gave me the suppliers phone number in San Antonio. I
called them and the fellow I talked to was a ham and said he was coming down
this way and would bring me 3 if I would give him lunch. He brought them to
the house and for the price of my wife making him a ham sandwich!

Those things have saved my old bald head many times. If you have bare guy
wires you might think about putting them on...very easy. Mine are
fluorescent yellow, about 1" in diameter and about 8 feet long.  I don't
think the price was outlandish. I bet they are available lots of places.
They just snap on your guy wires.

Bill W5VX