Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor loop coax choices ?

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor loop coax choices ?
From: TexasRF--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 21:41:53 -0400
Hi Jim, granted the loss is lower at HF but additional loss is still
additional loss that could be avoided. I would not suggest replacing an
existing
run of 8214 used on 80 meters. The time for that decision is when  the
cable is purchased if one wants to get full value from the product.

I saw that Belden 8267 (RG213) has a non contaminating PVC jacket and that
would represent good value especially for the lower bands where the loss is
 already low.

I personally would choose Davis RF Buryflex over any of the Belden cables.
The quality and low loss has been proven and without the need to fund an
international marketing organization, the cost is substantially lower. I do
sell  some Belden cable for those who insist on the brand.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 6/11/2015 7:18:41 P.M. Central Daylight Time,