Re: [TowerTalk] Experience with M2 Orion 3800 Rotator and Rohn TB-4Thrus

To: "Jack Ference" <jackference@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Experience with M2 Orion 3800 Rotator and Rohn TB-4Thrust Bearnings
From: "Dan Cisson" <n4gnr@windstream.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 20:32:13 -0400
Jack...I use a 2800 turning 65 ft of boom....The 2800 does it without a problem,,, and I am very sure it will last a long time for your application... The most critical thing is that the bearings keep that mast tight and straight...without any lateral movement at all. Any movement will ruin the top seal and bearings....The guys at M2 told me this is extremely critical.... I have heard other say to install a rubber boot around the mast where it goes into the rotor top. I am told that water does creep in at the top seal-so that’s what people have done to combat that....Make sure everything is TIGHT-all bolts.use lock tite also. The last M2 I had up, the bolts that secure it thru the rotor plate into the rotor bottom worked loose...So on this new one, I used locktite and got it ultra tight....Be sure to use shielded cable-that’s a MUST. I tried other rotor cables, and it was VERY erratic. The Wireman in South Carolina has the correct shielded cable. I also done away with the junction box just below the 2800 ....I made better
connections and weatherproofed them.....GL..73 Dan N4GNR

-----Original Message----- From: Jack Ference