[TowerTalk] Concrete Pad for U.S. Tower TX-472

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Concrete Pad for U.S. Tower TX-472
From: Chris Wynn via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 03:25:10 +0000 (UTC)
I am in the process of putting up a TX-472.  So far, I have been
relatively lucky and things have gone pretty smoothly.  I dug the hole using an
excavator and "slightly" over dug it by a few feet.  From my initial
calculations, I should have needed just under 8 cubic yards, but ended up
pouring 16 cubic yards (32 tons and $2k more)!
So far the concrete has sat for 7 days curing in the Georgia sun.  I have been
pretty cautious to keep water on it, and covered pretty well.
I know that the specs call for that concrete to cure for 28 days.  However, how
early can I raise this tower?  Does anyone have any experience with cheating
the 28 day curing period?  I was kind of hoping to raise it at the 21 day
point.
I guess the last real job is to trench from the tower back to the shack.
Therefore, I plan on spending the next couple of weeks burying hardline.....
Thanks y'all and see you in the pile ups!
73's es CUL,
ChrisN4XFA

Christopher L. Wynn
Attorney-at-Law