Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Concrete Pad for U.S. Tower TX-472

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Concrete Pad for U.S. Tower TX-472
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 00:14:45 -0400
I had no problem keeping it wet. The spring water table was just a couple inches below the surface. We kept a sump pump running until the concrete was being poured into the hole. It was a good dry mix relatively speaking, yet when the concrete reached the top, it was pushing out water.

As I was breaking up the over flow a couple weeks later, someone asked, "Wouldn't it be easier to just paint it green?" The dirt under the hardened overflow was still soggy. So other than sprinkling the surface, keeping it wet was not a problem<:-)

73

Roger (K8RI)