Re: [TowerTalk] homebrew 1:1 current balun

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] homebrew 1:1 current balun
From: Gary K9GS <garyk9gs@wi.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 23:07:34 -0600
Jim is correct on much of his post below. I have done several purchases of Fair-Rite 2631803802. These are the #31 2.4" OD cores. I found best pricing from Arrow Electronics. I purchased 100 a year ago and they were $4.12/ea. Mouser has them too..on their web page now for $5.42 in 100 pc quantities.

You do NOT want to buy a partial box..they will arrive broken. I had that happen but the supplier replaced them.

A somewhat sad story..I delivered some cores to a friend at FD. As he was carrying the box from his car at home he dropped the box. They all shattered :(( They are very brittle.