Re: [TowerTalk] Barker & Williamson Model AC - 1.8 - 30 Antenna

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Barker & Williamson Model AC - 1.8 - 30 Antenna
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 23:14:28 -0700

You do realize that's an eHam link, right? A piece of rusty rebar with an SO-239 glued to it could get a rave review there.

A half dozen years ago I did a fairly extensive survey of reviews there on several different items. I probably looked at over 1,500 reviews on a lot of products ... I was simply curious what kinds of things got 5's and which ones got 0's and 1's. In general, even the worst pieces of crap got 4's and 5's. The 0's and 1's were almost exclusively given for bad service, typically out of spite more than anything else.

Their reviews are almost meaningless unless you find the rare one that actually includes some comparison data and sounds like it comes from somebody that has a clue what they're talking about.

Dave   AB7E